Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Send out your ray of Sunshine

And yes, for almost two weeks- no checking my mails, no updating here and not really looking into the buzz on my facebook. Have I been busy?! Well, yeah... I just felt I needed silence once in a while and focus more on the peace within me that's waiting to be unleashed. :)

For those past two weeks, as summer kicked in, I enjoyed my every morning travel on my way home watching how beautiful sunrise is while traversing a chaotic street. I am riding a carpool of some sort everyday so knowing that I do not know anyone inside the van, makes it a little more exciting.

I was sitting at the middle row and so as everyone at the back paid their fare, it would have to be passed on me first then to be handed over to the driver. I felt a little awkward and annoyed since it disturbed the watching of the wonderful views in front of me---just gazing at the chaotic street under the clement cerulean skies makes me smile--it's such a picturesque.





However, as I hear everyone saying their appreciation to what I’m doing (passing their fare to the driver) - not a single soul missing it, I felt the urge of saying 'you’re welcome.' All the time. With unconditional smiles. Doing so, made them smile too.

And simple as that, I felt a different kind of joy. Their smiles lightened my day.

And if this little light of mine combined with yours today, how many watts could we illuminate? How many villages could we save? A little light won’t hurt nobody, send out your ray of sunshine…


I was so busy too taking time to know the neighbors I have. They were a little shy but I know I’ve got to make the first move. Just making them feel that I know that they exist and I exist, would be enough for now. After all, they are just doorsteps away.

Over the weekend, I went to my parent's house and seeing them is like the best feeling ever created. Knowing that both of them are still around, I feel so secured and complete. I enjoyed every conversation with my mom and every laughing trip with my dad. Furthermore, singing together. I, playing the guitar while he sings his favorite Bread classics and him learning the songs of Jason Mraz so he can play it, just released the tension I’ve engulfed during the weekdays. Going home to them, seeing all my nephews and niece gives me the biggest prize of all.

Sometimes, my mind is playing tricks on me too. Hoping that behind all these smiles I have and the feeling of gladness for everything I do, I have someone beside me to say how happy I am. Well, I know who that person is, I just hope he knew.

And for that one and a half weeks that I thought I needed for myself-- that I thought I needed more focus on me- it unleashed the peace that I’ve been looking for.

For peace and happiness coincides.

The more you give yourself to others, the more you follow the steps to happiness. The more you follow those steps, the more silence and wisdom it gives your soul.


This is just the start.

And if you're asking me what's the secret to being happy? To each its own.

Darlin', you hold the key.



D.

No comments:

Post a Comment