Monday, January 30, 2012

If Ever I'll Be In Your Arms Again

Traveled once and had an opportunity to go to the wonderful Island of Palawan back in 2006. I stayed with some family and friends in Taytay province (Northern part after Coron). Landing at the Puerto Princesa airport and travelling 4-5 hours via rough roads to Taytay was no comfort at all. Our bodies were in pain the entire trip but our eyes were full of unimaginable scenery at the same time. And yes, it was really worth it.

We dropped our baggage at the de Luna's home (the most hospitable family I've ever encountered) then off to Sabang Island where the Underground River was located. It was another 7-8 hours ride again. We had to go back the same way to the airport and move further to the south.  Ooooops, another pain in the butt, literally. We needed to stop for every two hours just to stretch and for others, to pee. We can actually take a Cessna plane from where we're at but opted to take it by land since we were a group, as far as I remember we were more than 10. Taking a boat ride was an option too, yet,  the family had a van all ready for us. We took a 30-min boat ride going to Sabang Island from Puerto Princesa port. And finally, when we arrived, believe you me, I cried happy tears. What I saw was beyond what I expected I'd see. It was really more than words, more than pictures. Then there we were -- experiencing paradise right before our eyes.








The next day was spent here: El Nido. Surreal. (Island hopping was the bomb!)



                             



And the next day....off to Snake Island -- where you can transfer to an island to another by foot. Your left and right, the vast ocean. 


The other days were spent in going round Puerto Princesa and Taytay Island. Tasted great food and met some awesomest people! 
*Butterfly Haven
*Pearl Farm (literally saw how to culture pearls!)
*Crocodile Farm
*Baker's Hill
*Puerto Princesa Museum
*Islands with no name... no one own it yet.. oooops kind of trespassing... (this is when we did island hopping)


I would like to be back in your arms again... After 6 years, romance me this 2012, Palawan. =)

And of course, cheers and Congratulations... we made it!
*please click the link

Puerto Princesa Underground River officially in New7wonders

Disclaimer: I had no evidences of the trip. =( All photos were taken by our official photographer, Kuya Val and Papa Caloy. It was way back when we had no digi-cams on hand. But of course, thank God for my retention, I had all snapshots saved in my mind. 

The world is a remarkable place, let's suck it up and travel!,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment