Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thinking of Reading This. Hmmmm.




Waking up sometimes gets boring especially when it's not yet time to wake up. (Did I make sense?) Anyhow, I was rummaging over my things and doing some installment cleaning for my apartment, I found these catchy lines at the back of a CD/DVD that I haven't played for almost a year or so:


"I'm building the world myself and putting new hats on everyday one by one... Before I go out, I'm going to have people in tutus, cops wearing sombreros, stock brokers with Viking hats, priests with panties out their heads. In the world I'm building, everybody shouts hello to everybody else from their car windows. People have speakers attached to their chests that pour out music so you can tell from a distance what mood they're in, and won't be too chicken shit to get naked when the rain comes."
-Let Me Stand Alone: The Journals of Rachel Corrie
(Rachel Corrie - activist/humanitarian/peacemaker)

I read some articles and criticisms about her - like standing in front of a bulldozer to fight for peace. What is it in her that made her that strong?

I have yet to discover who Rachel Corrie is. Must-read.

Peace y'all,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment